Sesame Noodle Stir-fry
Updated: Jul 1, 2020
I'm in love with these noodles!!! Love them because they are loaded with healthy veggies, they are so tasty and flavorful and easy to make!
What makes them even more special is that you can add those leftover veggies you have kept in your refrigerator and didn't know what to do with them. Let your imagination go and make your favorite dish!
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings:
- 150g egg or rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 hot pepper*, sliced
- 1 cooked beetroot, sliced
- toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini or sesame paste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
*You can also try it with chicken, beef, tofu and the veggies are up to you! You can use mushrooms, spinach, green beans, bean sprouts and whatever you have available.*
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add noodles and cook for 4 minutes (check package instructions for specific times, especially if using a different kind of noodle) Drain and rinse under cool water.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, tahini*, olive oil and sugar or honey and add it to the noddles. Toss well with a fork or chopsticks, breaking up clumps of noodles as you go, until noodles are entirely coated, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Cook the broccoli florets for about 10 minutes on medium heat while you heat another skillet with 2 tablespoons oil, add sliced peppers, onions, garlic and the carrot sautee for 4 mins, add the beetroot and ginger along with white and light green parts of green onion, the hot pepper and the cooked broccoli, quickly sautée for another minute, add some salt and pepper, then the noddles and integrate with all the vegetables.
4. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy!💛
" He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skills of the physician. " ( Chinese proverb )
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!