Roasted Garlic Cream Soup
Updated: May 25, 2022
This Roasted Garlic Soup is a smooth and creamy soup with a wonderful flavour, perfect for a cozy lunch or dinner! It is a vegetarian soup, easy to make, healthy and one of my favourite soups I have ever tasted.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 40min for the garlic
20 min for the soup
Total time: 60 min
What you need:
10 garlic heads (unpeeled)
200ml double cream
500ml vegetable broth ( used 1 Knorr stock pot with 500ml water)
4 small potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt, pepper, parsley, chilli
50g parmesan cheese
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut off top quarter inch of each garlic head, drizzle some oil and salt over the garlic heads, then wrap them in a small aluminium foil and place them in a small baking dish in the oven. Bake the garlic heads for about 40 mins.
3. In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat. Add chopped onions, carrots, potatoes and salt and saute for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to keep them from burning.
4. Add in 500ml of water with the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil (I like using the vegetable stock pot from Knorr) Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes add in the rest of the condiments: pepper, parsley, chilli and squeeze the garlic heads between your thumb and fingers to release garlic cloves into the pot and purée the soup using a hand blender until everything is smooth.
6. Once the soup is blended pour in the double cream and the shredded parmesan cheese, stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve warm with croutons or bread and garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.
" Nothing brings people together like good food. "
WANT MORE EASY SOUP RECIPES?
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Soup board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest