Roasted Cauliflower Soup
No matter the season, it's always a good time to have a soup. This Roasted Cauliflower soup is a delicious creamy and a flavourful soup, perfect for a soul warming meal on a busy lunch or dinner! It is vegetarian, easy to make, healthy and one of my favourite soups.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20-25 min
Total time: 30-35 min
What you need
1 large head of cauliflower
1 yellow onion, chopped
2-4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
2 tbsp olive oil for the cauliflower
800ml vegetable broth ( used 2 Knorr stock pots with 800ml water)
100ml double cream (optional)
50g Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
roasted cauliflower florets
Grated Parmesan cheese
What you do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the cauliflower in small florets and drizzle some olive oil over them with salt and pepper and place them on a baking dish in the oven for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or heat 2 tbsp of olive oil) on medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower to the pot and 600ml of hot water with 2 vegetable stock pots and bring it to a boil. (I like using the vegetable stock pot from Knorr)
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove it from the stove and purée the soup using a hand blender until everything is smooth.
6. Once the soup is blended pour in the double cream and the shredded parmesan cheese, stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes.
7. Pour in soup bowls and garnish with few drops of cream ( I used double cream, but can be used any cream), a few fresh parsley leaves and roasted cauliflower florets . Serve warm with your favourite crackers, croutons or bread!
" Nothing brings people together like good food. "
WANT MORE EASY SOUP RECIPES?
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Soup board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest