Rice & Chickpea Bowl
Updated: May 13, 2020
Having a lot of vegetables left and don't know what to do with them?
Try this easy, fast and delicious meal, ready in less than 30 minutes. My favorite meals are either the ones that taste really good, but come together fast or the ones in which I use most of my languishing vegetables from the refrigerator and come up with unexpected wonderful results. This meal has them both. This rice bowl recipe is packed with a plant-based protein, which is super healthy, full of good nutrients and it will fill your lunch or dinner in no time. And thanks to all various ingredients, this is bursting with flavor.
Also, you could have this chickpea stew with rice, next to your favorite protein or meat.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 20 min
- 150g rice
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 200g corn
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sesame for garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of paprika, parsley, turmeric, cumin
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. While the rice is cooking, take a large skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook on medium heat until soft, add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato sauce, chickpeas, corn, rest of the spices and herbs and cook for another 3 min.
3. Serve over the rice, garnished with sesame and spring onion. Enjoy!
" Improve your food to boost your mood! "