Updated: Apr 26, 2020
A snack, a delicious dip, a perfect spread for a toast or a burger and many other useful servings alongside many of the Mexican dishes, that's how many things you can use guacamole for!
Easy and quick to make, this delicious guacamole is a life saviour in every party! It's all about the fresh ingredients, that give a perfectly balanced taste. It's not too spicy, not too sour, but the avocado remains the most important ingredient.
- 2 ripe or over ripe avocados
- 1/2 red or yellow onion
- 1/2 spring onion (optional)
- 1 big tomato or 6 cherry
- 1/4 ground cumin
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 jalapeno (red pepper, if you don't want it spicy)
- ciliantro or parsley (optional)
- fine salt
How to make it
1. Add the avocados to a bowl and mash them with a fork until they reach your favorite consistency.
2. Chop all the veggies in small pieces, add the mashed avocado and mix until combined.
3. Add some salt and if you like it spicier, add the jalapeno or some chilly flakes, but for a tangier guacamole, you can add more lime juice.
Did you know?!
Avocado is called a #superfood and that’s because:
- it has 18 amino acids, esential for your body
- it has 35% more potassium than a banana
- it has monounsaturated fats that reduce inflammation, lower risk of heart disease and cancer
- it is a fruit, actually described as an oily berry
- is rich in vitamins, various nutrients, minerals and antioxidants.
" You're the avocado to my toast! "