Green Peas & Mint Soup
Updated: Feb 16, 2022
I don't remember when I started to love so much these cream soups, but I have to try them all now. This soup takes less than 30 minutes and I love this combination of green peas with mint, is so refreshing and full of flavour. It’s also warm and perfect for dipping any crackers that you love or just fresh bread.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min
What you need
- 500g frozen green peas
- 1 medium potato
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, chopped
- 5-6 mint leaves and few more for garnish
- 1 vegetable stock pot plus 500ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: drizzle of greek yogurt or diced ham for meat lovers
What you do
1. In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or heat 2 tbsp of olive oil) on medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and salt and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently to keep them from burning.
2. Add the potatoes with 500ml of water and vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. I like to use the vegetable stock pot from Knorr. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen peas, bring the heat back up to medium-high and cook for another 7 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat, add the mint leaves, chopped and blend the soup using a hand blender or a stand blender till everything smooth.
5. Garnish it with few fresh mint leaves, some greek yogurt and a little bit of olive oil. Serve with your favourite crackers. And if you have meat lovers around you can add some diced ham on top.
" Only the pure in heart can make a good soup. " -Ludwig van Beethoven