This is a copycat version of Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Supreme recipe that consists of a tortilla wrap layered with seasoned ground beef, a delicious nacho cheese sauce, nachos to make it crispy, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream wrapped in a folded tortilla and cooked on both sides.
Servings: 5 wraps
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
What you need
500g Ground beef
1 Taco seasoning packet
5 Large Tortilla Wraps
5 Mini Tortilla Wraps
1 bag nachos or tostada shells
2 medium Tomatoes, diced
1 Nacho cheese sauce
5 tbsp sour cream or greek yogurt
What you do
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon, until the beef is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain the fat and sprinkle the beef with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup water and simmer on medium heat until mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut 1/4 head iceberg lettuce into fine shreds( if you don't have it shredded already ), and dice 2 tomatoes and put them aside. Optional, you could heat nacho cheese and tortillas in the microwave until warm.
4. Next step is to fill the wraps. Lay a flour tortilla down flat. Add about 1/3 cup seasoned ground beef in the middle of the flour tortilla. Then add the grated cheese, the nachos, the nacho cheese on top, the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
5. To fold the crunchwrap, add the mini tortilla on top of all the ingredients and start at the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edge up to the center. Continue folding clockwise till you get all the way around the tortilla and it all meets in the middle.
6. Heat a skillet over medium heat and place the folded tortilla, folded side down and cook for about 2 minutes or until brown. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
Eat warm and enjoy!
" Nothing brings people together like good food."
Like this recipe? Pin it to your LUNCH or DINNER board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest