Crispy Oven Baked Fries
I love making these oven baked fries, not only because they are cheap, nutritious, don’t spoil quickly, easy, delicious, but also a bit healthier than the deep-fried ones. And they are so good that even your pickiest eaters will love them!
I love dishes like this that are based on classic recipes but updated a little to give a modern spin, I bet they would be the perfect side dish to a big yummy burger at a friends night cookout, family dinner, or a weeknight meal for two!
This recipe features two kind of crispy potatoes along with a creamy, tangy lemon dijon sauce. This side dish pairs well with just about anything, but to get your creative juices flowing I wanted to share some of my favorite sauces to serve this side dish with.
This easy crispy baked fries are a simple yet satisfying side dish that pairs well with just about anything. The tangy sauce is drizzled over potatoes that are roasted to perfection with a crispy parmesan crust. After the potatoes have roasted for about 30 minutes you add on top some parmesan. It is an easy yet impressive side dish that is sure to be a pleaser for everyone.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
Total time: 40-50 min
What you need
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
-400g canned chickpeas
-2-4 tbsp aquafaba (chickpeas water)
-1/2 lemon juice
-3 tbsp olive oil
-3 tbsp tahini or 1 tsp cumin (if you don't have tahini)
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1 tsp salt and pepper
-125g greek style yogurt
-salt and pepper, to taste
-1 garlic clove, minced
What you do
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Drizzle a large baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or spray it with cooking spray.
3. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise , place in a large bowl, set aside.
4. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
5. Toss the potatoes in the mixture and bake them for 30-40 minutes.
6. After potatoes have roasted for 30-40 minutes remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese over them.
- 5 minutes before the fries are ready, start making the hummus: Simply blend all ingredients in a food processor until creamy!
- simply mix everything up
" I might look like a potato now, but one day I'll turn into fries and you'll all want me then! "