Creamy Vegetable Soup
Updated: Jun 8, 2022
This is a delicious creamy soup, loaded with vegetables and a rich creamy broth. Easy to make and a pure comfort food. You can add your favourite vegetables such as broccoli, corn, peas, green beans, cauliflower etc. and if you are a meat lover you can easily add some bacon or ham.
This delicious Creamy Vegetable Soup will become a staple in your kitchen. It can easily be made with your last vegetables left in the kitchen and it is a pure comfort food.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30-35 min
What you need
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 150g peas (canned or frozen)
- 150g corn (canned or frozen)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vegetable stock pot (knorr)
- 500ml water
- 150ml double cream
- 150g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
What you do
1. In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic carrots and salt and saute for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to keep them from burning.
2. Add in the potatoes and 300ml of water with the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil (I like using the vegetable stock pot from Knorr) Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes add in the corn and peas and the rest of the condiments: pepper, oregano, paprika. Cook for another 5 minutes, then pour in the double cream and the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes.
4. Serve warm with your favourite crackers, croutons or bread and garnish with a few fresh parsley leaves and some grated parmesan.
" Only the pure in heart can make a good soup! "
WANT MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES !??
CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Soup board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest