Creamy Tortellini with Courgettes
Thinking about a quick dinner treat? This easy creamy tortellini recipe has got you covered.
These cheese tortellini in a delicious creamy tomato sauce is a quick and easy recipe that will be perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 35-40 min
What you need
500g tortellini ( I used the ones filled with cheese, but that's optional)
1 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 small courgettes, sliced
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp tomato puree (concentrate)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
50ml pasta water
50 ml double cream
3-4 fresh basil leaves
50g grated Parmesan cheese and some to top
salt and pepper to taste
What you do
1. After choosing your favourite type of tortellini pasta (it can be simple ones or the ones filled with spinach and ricotta or cheese), cook the pasta according to the packet instructions ( about 7 minutes). After they cooked, just drain them from the water and leave aside. Don't cook them for longer or don't leave them in the water as they will get mushy!
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot, melt 1 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, then add the sliced courgettes, the tomato puree and sauce and 50ml of water from the pasta cooking. Cover the pot with the lid and cook for 7 minutes.
3. After 7 minutes add the sliced mushrooms, cook them for another 5 minutes and stir 2 times to keep them from burning.
4. Veggies are fully cooked when they get tender. You can now pour in the double cream and cook it for another 2 minutes. Add the grated parmesan cheese and the cooked tortellini, stirring until all combined.
5. Top with some chopped fresh basil leaves and some grated parmesan cheese and serve!
" Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
CREAMY TORTELLINI WITH VEGGIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your PASTA board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest