Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
Updated: May 25, 2022
It's the perfect season for this Roasted Tomato cream soup which is an easy, creamy and flavorful soup. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and it’s flavored with fresh basil, garlic and Parmesan. What else can you wish for from a delicious soup?! It has the taste of a soup made in a charming bistro kitchen, but you can easily make it at home with just a few basic ingredients.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30-35 min
What you need
- 400g/1 can Chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 150ml double cream
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves and few more for garnish
- 1 vegetable stock pot (knorr) plus 300ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot paprika (optional)
- Optional: grated parmezan to garnish
What you do
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, put them in a bowl with the garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt. Toss them well and then transfer the tomatoes to the baking sheet. Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrot and salt and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently to keep them from burning.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes with 300ml of water and vegetable stock and bring it to a boil (I like using the vegetable stock pot from Knorr) Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the roasted cherry tomatoes and the garlic cloves from the oven and cook for another 7 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat, add chopped basil leaves and puree the soup using a hand blender or a stand blender till everything is smooth.
5. Once the soup is blended, bring it to a boil and stir in 150ml heavy cream.
5. Garnish it with a few fresh basil leaves and some grated parmesan . Serve warm with your favourite crackers, croutons or bread.
WANT MORE EASY SOUP RECIPES?
" Nothing brings people together like good food! "
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Soup board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest