Chicken and Red Bean Enchiladas
You must try these Enchiladas! They are stuffed with chicken, beans, tomato sauce and topped with cheese that makes these hearty authentic enchiladas a delicious and satisfying Mexican inspired meal.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
Total time: 40-50 min
What you need
- 6 plain Taco Tortilla
- 3-4 medium size Potatoes
- 300g diced Chicken Breast
- 400g of Red Kidney Beans, canned (or black beans)
- 1 tbsp of Tomato puree
- 2-3 tbsp Mexican sauce or tomato sauce, canned
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Green Onion
- 50g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- salt, pepper, paprika, chilli powder (optional)
Serve with: (optional)
- sour cream
- tomato sauce
What you do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Chop the potatoes into 2-3cm wide wedges, season them with salt, pepper, a drizzle of preferred oil and pop them onto a large baking tray and roast for about 30-40 minutes or until golden.
3. After you placed the potatoes in the oven you can season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and a drizzle of oil and cook it in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Turn occasionally and cook until browned, for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, you can grate the cheese, rinse the red kidney beans and chop the garlic cloves. You can mash half of the beans roughly with the back of a fork before adding to the chicken in the pan.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, add the chopped garlic, tomato puree and sauce and the beans to the pan and cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.( add a splash of water if too dry)
6. Lay a tortilla flat on a board and spoon 2 tablespoons or so of sauce in the middle of it and then roll them up to enclose the filling. Drizzle some oil over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and transfer the wrapped enchiladas to the baking dish, seam side down, side by side.
Top with the rest of the sauce (if remaining) and the grated cheese and bake in the oven until golden for about 10-13 mins.
" Eat good. Feel good."
CHICKEN & RED BEAN ENCHILADAS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your LUNCH or DINNER board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest