Carrot Walnut Loaf Cake
This Carrot and Walnut Loaf cake is perfect for this season, it's easy to make, you only need basic ingredients for it and it is so soft, flavourful and moist you can not resist.
Servings: 2 loaf
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30-35 min
Total time: 50-55 min
What you need
150g brown sugar
150g melted butter/olive oil
180g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
100g walnuts, chopped
200g carrots, coarsely grated (about 3 small ones)
dash of milk
For the icing
250g cream cheese
2 tbsp of icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
What you do
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C and and grease the loaf pan with butter or cooking oil. (8x4 inch pan would be great) 2. In a medium bowl mix together the eggs, sugar and butter/olive oil until thick.
3. In another medium bowl or you could do in the same bowl fold in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well, followed by the walnuts and grated carrots.
5. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
6. To make the icing, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
7. Transfer the loaf cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool. Once the loafs are cooled spread the cream cheese icing on top and cut into slices to serve.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of melted butter, as I am not a bit fan of oil, I chose to use the butter
- Using vegetable oil instead of butter will make the loaf spongy and rise more.
- Best served next day, as loaf is made with butter and if it's cut in the same day may get a little bit crumbly
- If you don't have walnuts, you can use any other nuts that you prefer or nothing
" Cooking is one of the great gifts you can give to those you love ! "
CARROT LOAF CAKE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT board!
Follow COOK WITH GABI on Pinterest